GARDEN OF FEELINGS

I have a garden of roses.
flowers-- only friends for me.
different smells match the human emotions i suppose,
the world as it is today,mixed emotions portrayed in small canvas
there are the red roses
they remind me of the vivacity,the enthusiasm i used to have sumday
i know little about the outer world
the activities,the events.
my only source,my garden grows wid worldly experince.
i look at the pink ones-
sensuality,some kind of wisdom.
the black ones-
awares me of the dark shades of human nature.
there are my favorites,white roses.
peace,generosity and kindness all over it.
the fragrance,mixed emotions of human mind-
my garden use to convey them to me.
But until one morning..wat do i see!!!
the white flowers,all of them,have gone pale overnight.
they are no more.
the more i looked i for,disappointed i got.
i searched my garden madly
not a trace of white;nowhere to be seen.
i asked,"Hey God why did u do this to me,why my garden?"
someone whispered,"Boy,i asked the same question to men"
there was silence from both ends.

Comments

Anonymous said…
amazing.....
Anonymous said…
This poem is beautifully beautiful..the language is simple,but the poem has an inner deeper meaning.Spellbinding imagery and suggestiveness makes the poem magnificent as well as refreshing.However there was sumthing that I truly felt-The use of 'Hey' to adreess god especially in a poem such as this lessens the gravity of the poem.

Your #1 fan
Tania M

Popular Posts