A Mirror In That Room

As life was marching on,unperturbed
I had forgot about that room.
That very room where i didn't dare to go.
Where some of my preconceived notion,
some not-so-happy facts were kept-
rather locked.
Never i was an explorer.
So in my happy feet of life,
which atleast i had thought to be so
Didnt try to look at the closed door.
But as life went on, sailing,
sometimes too fast
One day I had to find a mirror.
Pity!there was none in my house.
I soliloquized,may be in that room?!
I freed myself of an age old fear.
Surprised me saw the past didnt haunt!
The present sat quiet.
I went to the mirror.
After so many days,I looked at myself.
Wasn't it too dark!
I opened up the window.
I needed the room to clear up.
As the light took possession of every inch
The darkness expressed a sigh of relief
I looked at myself,--
realized it was not the place
it was only me whom i was running from.
"Let there be light,Forever"-echoed the room!

Comments

Megha said…
Looking at urself is the last thing ppl do.. as it mks dem realise hw ignorant they r.. just by closing our eyes.. truth cant b denied..

WONDERFUL creation Soumya.. Beautiful.. U knw d art of writing the REAL TOUGH things in a very very simple yet completely expressive manner..

WOW!!!
HATS OFF TO YOU..

Popular Posts