In Ode to Our Love

I didn't realize
Until her soft touch,
Her shivering palm
nudged mine.
And that was it.
Long lost,
almost forbidden emotions
lumped near my throat
And tried to escape ....

Sudden joy,
Heartfelt Exclamation!
And a loving tear.

"Sssh! darling
let us not cry tonight"-She said.
I obeyed;
As did my emotions.
And i stared at her eyes
As if only purity exists--
In her,
For me.

We let our eyes speak
With silent gestures,
Mischievous ,
Thoughtful,
Caring
&
loving.

"Happy Valentine's day" never came up.
We always knew it won't.
Our wishes were born
in Each other's hearts.
.
.
.
And never died.
.







SoUmY@


Comments

Usha Pisharody said…
Loved this one. Cannot get over the freshness and sweet sadness of the write:)
Sashu... said…
love this one soumya!!!!!! a subtle love dat defies all emotions!!!!!
Rukhiya said…
Purity of thought is ur greatest gift :)

Popular Posts