Cremated

The sky is yours ,
So is the wind.
On all those treaded paths where
Uniqueness recycles ,
A very common man awaits you.
Who never let the icicles melt,
never let the chimes to stop humming
And never robbed words from his pen
For you made him grow .

Instead,
Scars were all I got .
But did you ever notice a tinge of red?

Today don't let those wounds heal ,
Because at my funeral , in your presence
I will dip the white roses with blood.
If for once you accept ...

...The Eucalyptus will convey my glee.
The roots reach where I lie , deep within
Where you couldn't ,ever.

and from there it will whisper ,

Would you ?

Careful with those fragile leaves dear,
Its always been winter.


SoUmY@

Comments

BirdBrain said…
if winter comes...can spring be far away????


amazinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng beauty
m so charmed dear..awed...a strong force in it..

i await more...
God bless you..
Sashu... said…
Soumya!! u left me breathless wi diz one... de tug at de heartstringz, de melancholy... it juz grows into you- a feelin thatz tangible yet inexpressible, almost... wish i cud let you know wat this muse means to me...sigh!

absolutely beautiful... de nonperishable love dat speaks thru, forever.

Careful with those fragile leaves dear,
Its always been winter.


nuthin, nuthin cud beat deze lines...for de sheer intensity it creates :) loved it, loved it...very much so!!!
Cinderella said…
Oh ! How you conjure magic man !!!!

"I will dip thw white rose.."

Awesome !!

Just awesome !!!!!!

I am spellbound.
Missed reading this space.
Chaggoholic.... said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chaggoholic.... said…
Eerie....

God how u live up to the moment wid ur words. Amazing....
Usha Pisharody said…
I cannot express truly what i feel here. I read this, re read this. Touched my screen, for the feelings you poured out here, touched me!

I am, very very strangely, for me, at a loss as to how to articulate how much this means to me. I shall let Sash's comment speak, for the moment.

The roots reach where I lie , deep within
Where you couldn't ,ever.


Goosebumps here. And the awesome closing lines.

I do not want to drop a word more, and break the pool of magic here, into ripples; I shall simply soak in the vulnerable feeling I have, right now.

Thank you Soumya. I know why I did not read this till now. And I am glad I did, finally!!
Anonymous said…
Delightful poetry, albeit complicated... Takes time, and I believe a bit of understanding of who you are to fathom the emotion in your lines.

Time, the great means to every end, shall lend me the wings I need to soar through your work.


Nevertheless, this poem made me think:

"Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams..."
Rukhiya said…
All's been said :(

Popular Posts