Hemostasis

Hopes are white
Nights! I know them black.

I met a man the other day
He sees but never observes.
What is the difference between two lives
When at the end you see black
and the other observes death?
Is the pain any less and certain?

I love to see kites flying
Do they mean independence?
You fly high with your greed strung...
A rooted flight,
How much can you pay for such freedom?

I know I talk gibberish,
I have grown old now.
I see white and black
In stripes of unknown dimensions.

But you?

You have an irreparable wound of shallowness.
I see your blood and that is not blue
Will it ever coagulate? You fear, I laugh.

You can never know how porous you are;
I know.
I saw your soul walking down the street that day.

You were too busy selling your dreams.

SoUmY@


[p.s. -> hemostasis is the cessation of blood loss from a damaged vessel. Coagulation is its defense mechanism

docs, pardon me for if I am wrong]

Comments

Usha Pisharody said…
I am fascinated!!! Beyond words, by the imagery you weave, the profundity you express through them, and the way you tug at the conscience through these lines :

You can never know how porous you are;
I know.
I saw your soul walking down the street that day.

You were too busy selling your dreams.


The contrasts drawn, and the comparisons made.. greed strung on that line, a rooted flight!! Oh my, you use words as if you would a dagger!!! Sculpted finely, I'd say!!

And most of all??

Glad, simply glad that you're posting again!!!!!!!!!!!! *Smiling smiling smiling* Cant stop... :) :) :)...
Sashu... said…
You can never know how porous you are;
I know.
I saw your soul walking down the street that day.

You were too busy selling your dreams.


brilliance! un-eclipsed brilliance, indeed!!!

period.
Cinderella said…
I completely agree with Sashu up there !!!!
Uneclipsed brilliance !!!!!!
Praveen said…
"I saw your soul walking down the street that day.

You were too busy selling your dreams."

-2 of the best lines that I read in recent times...It coveys more than the rest of the poem..gr8 work thr
Mahita said…
“He sees but never observes” – shows the intricacy of your thoughts. I am pleased to come across this blog and liked it a lot, will be a regular reader and hope to read more of your stunning posts. :)

“You have an irreparable wound of shallowness.” - :), very deftly written and profound too…
Cannot dissect every line, for the whole is much more beautiful. All I can say is that the thought is beautiful and your magic with words, is well, magic. Strong, bold and daring!
Usha Pisharody said…
You have been tagged, Soumya :)

When, and if you can.. :)

http://rambleononon.blogspot.com/2008/11/corridors-of-time.html
Usha Pisharody said…
Ummm... Congratulations! The Trophy looks good here.. :)

And, I see your readership is growing too.. all the more the pleasure is when I visit here :)
Suresh Kumar said…
Observing helps you to get a better insight into things even if it might be death and even if it is in the final stages. It is never too late to learn.

Good poem with some style.
Madeeha said…
This is an amazing piece Soumya. I am at a loss for words...

For the soul to pour out of a porous body to walk, alone, down the street...


And so many many thoughts in a single poem:

"When at the end you see black
and the other observes death?
Is the pain any less and certain?"

Is it indeed?

Popular Posts