Pulp Fiction

I want you to know
tonight if I die in my sleep,
do not forget to switch the AC off tomorrow.
Bread, butter, jam will be on the table
and oh yes, keys in the hall.

I want you to know
tomorrow if I do not wake up,
Remember what is left of us is under the bed;
Photos, letters - memories and a whole lot.
Do not just leave me like any other day.
Coming back will be a discomfort.

I want you to know
tonight if you be more indifferent,
I would not mind.
I am used to your late night whispers,
pretensions conveniently termed 'office calls'.
You were never a good liar.

But, tomorrow I may just wake up
as if I have changed my mind
And burn this letter.
Its the hundredth time.

What you won't know is,
Like that piece of paper,
I have only dreamt of being read oneday.

There has never been a pulp fiction.
Perhaps there never will be.

SoUmY@

Comments

Aayushi Mehta said…
Quite an amazing write...love the sentiment expressed...
Cinderella said…
SO much in this one piece...hundreds of thoughts and emotions floating across.

Beautifully conjured. I have a soft corner for this kind of poetry, poetry that outs a weight on your heart and and brings a discordant unrest to your mind.

This piece resonates with my soul.
Loved it.
this one is awesome.....very touching
Anonymous said…
Hahaha.. see, this is the reason I call you LORD. .. Loved the narration, buddy. . And yes, the concept is pretty interesting :)
Tamarind~ said…
Oh God, what a wonderful write. Each word talked to me..! It touched my depths.. there's pain filled in these lines! Its haunting, mate.. really!
Anonymous said…
beautiful..loved it!!
Usha Pisharody said…
And here, you step up the pace, go all punky, yet the soul of the poet is intact, hurting, and poignant!

Beautiful!

Popular Posts