Remnance

1
2 3
4 5 6

I discuss no maths here.
They are bricks, that pile up
events after events,
bygone, as remnants.

Have you seen the sea shore?
What is left of the sands
After a wave passes by.

Relations, us.
I have seen togetherness die one night
and in the next, individuals are born.
Do they live?
Some questions only embarrass the affected.

I wonder if the ashes after death
hold a life's memory.
I feel they do.
Futility adds a lot of understanding.
Ashes are thus, such.

For a leaf is born
in the same place where the tree sheds
in winters.
And with our faded memories
we cry,
Why don't emotions have chlorophyll?

SoUmY@



Comments

Aayushi Mehta said…
I so totally loved this. There was such quiet brilliance and so much emotion packed between those lines.
Anonymous said…
Hello, Master! like always.. loved the abstractness in your poetries and the way you manage to carry the simple stuffs in them too.
Usha Pisharody said…
This is so darned profound, that I want to be that leaf, that sheds, and grows back again!

Time and time again, Soumya, you show how superlative your poetry is. Consistently!

Popular Posts