Life Etcetera

There is a little rain in all of us.
There should be.
There are winters too.
Seasons cycle for humans,
or vice-versa?
There is a lot of vice if you think.

My poetry is as good as the moment.
They dissolve and laugh and cry.
If I am lucky, I am loved.
And luck? that is a respite for loss.

Today I wish to talk about important things,
may be that red bag.
It has travelled a lot, with me.
To cities, to seas.
It has carried a lot, of me.
To buses, to boats.
Now it stays, stoic, and the metallic chains rust
with a lot of me, inside, as air, as vacuum.

I have burned myself like wax.
Melting has its own charm,
As has sacrifice.
One is never the same before,
and after.

If you Compare loss to mutual funds,
you will understand there is more to shares
than money. There always were.

And laugh as you may like,
the world that lets you lead a life,
is actually getting slow, to die.

The day it stops,
Breathe.

SoUmY@

Comments

lonelylullabies said…
The enchanting lines have enough silence to hold my breathe! I am feeling now, that all you wrote..

Pravaas..
Usha Pisharody said…
Life does crowd into one, does it now? I am sure I am reading this one right, but this is the feel I get... no matter what, where, why, with whom... what is life finally? When all else stops, we live, dont we?
Usha Pisharody said…
Typo...
I meant to write

"I am not sure I am reading this one right... "

Apologies for the arrogance of that earlier note :D!!!
Anonymous said…
brilliant

Popular Posts