To Someone

Every night I write a poem
For you on my secret pages,
where, the scent of our memories
mixes with the old papyrus.
And punctuates.

My words are like semicolons;
Misplaced, confused and necessitated.

They are pre-grieved by
the distance of ours, on maps.

Human emotions are twins to latex.
They shrink and float,
expand and gloat.

In all those fractional moons,
lost metaphors, unbound seas and
indifferent mountains

You may have wondered,
how had I lost myself into you
when there was still fog.

My poems have not seen you for ages.
Still when it rains there,
I open my wooden windows.

My words search for your smell
and that of earth's.

SoUmY@

Comments

Mythreyi said…
Every time I read your poems, I always want to say something. But I really don't know what to say.
They leave me feeling strangely... satisfied. They make me think of people and places that I thought I'd forgotten.
So thank you. :)
Cinderella said…
"My words search for your smell and that of earths."

"You words,
they talk to me,
Of dream laden irises
that make love to memories
you and I made
in secrecy and non-chalance.
Distance was never a given."

How magnanimously and hauntingly effervescence tumbles out from your heart and dazzles mine. And of all those who read you.

This piece will be bookmarked and returned to. Many times.
Soumya said…
Mythreyi,

Thanks for sharing all that you could feel. I am someone who doesn't even have the courtesy to thank them who so generously encourage me. I am naive, to be saved to my own.

Hope you will keep remembering and sharing. Lovely words. and thank you for reading my posts with such sincerity.

P,

This comment is to be treasured. I will keep this where I keep my own writes, in a sheepish notepad. Your own excerpt is quoteworthy, so is your understanding. I guess I don't deserve all that, but still,

thank you, for all that you do to encourage me everytime. :)
RM said…
One word won't be enough here. No single adjective is perfect enough to describe the emotion this poem invokes.

Popular Posts