Postcard

Dear love,

Highways and boulevards aside,
there have been sunshine and thunderstorms
to remind me of your ruffled hairs
and my unheld palms.

The sea has been calm,
it hasn't seen your footsteps on the sands.
The sea has been rough -
your absence, my abstinence, therefore.

Light drizzle on night glass,
whispering to my left, humming to my own
I had what leisure asked for
and pleasant offered.

But,
as I write this letter and the candle burns,
I know how silly we are,
how blunt!

And that when the lightening strikes,
it rains somewhere.

Comments

Debby said…
Beautifully written. As always! :)
I realize how long it has been since I was last here...have a lot to catch up on. Hope you have been well!
Cinderella said…
"My unheld palms"

Such an yearning in these two words.

Like an old dormant void that is normally barely felt but when it comes alive it consumes everything else.

I love this. I love the acute ache it brings.

Popular Posts