Crystals

There were times when
I used to find nature selfish
Because it was seasonal;
And not like poetry that comes
Even in the outrageous summers or rusty winters
Or catalytic rains.

Its been long
Where Memories have flooded down
Many a prayers
That had names of us and verses.

I still stand under that pine
Where words used to come to me
Like soft breeze that blows within,
For inspirations better lived with you.

Today this pauper poet awaits them
And the pine leaves fall as if gifting me
A silent poetry of yours, in rhythm.

I still search for those crystals that
My palms had soaked thence.

The color of blood was faded that day.

SoUmY@

Comments

Usha Pisharody said…
It's my day of awesome poetry to read! First it was Rukhiya's "In Abandon" and now yours... Crystals that glint..:)

I love the way you sustain the imagery and metaphor right through without any seeming effort...! REally really poignant in places, and searching, right through for resonance..!

Great stuff again, Soumya!
A time-prick limestone!

The crystals would glint!
BirdBrain said…
my fortunes that i came across it..
Thanx for this...ABUNDANTLY EXOTIC..
a right light from each edge of your crystal!

Popular Posts