Incandescence

I will put the lights out tonight.
Certainty is not you, I know.
On the floor where scented sticks
burn themselves with aroma,
I will remember you.

Oh, till how far should the memory be traced
If I wish to remember?

I will leave the doors open tonight.
You are in disguise, I know.
In my balcony where full moon reflects
And lends me a hazy twin of hers,
I will see you refracted inside me.

Oh, till how far should the lights obey physics
If I wish to see the seen?

I will dance in the rain tonight.
"Rain is mine", you used to say, I know.
On that lawn where droplets evoke soily smell
And cold breeze iterates,
I will soak you inside me.

Oh till how far is it raining?
Tell me its the same the droplet that wets me,
awaits you.

SoUmY@

Comments

Usha Pisharody said…
The poetry burgeons within these lines, filling, feeling, flowing... out out out... till it touches the reader!

It's not just the way the words form the images, and gift the feeling. It goes beyond all of that to a level where words merge into experience. How else would one explain the feeling i have now???

There is something beyond physics at work here.

A deeply spiritual moment for me!

Need I say?? I loveddddd this!!!
Cinderella said…
Oh man !!

This is so abstract, yet I ca almost draw the sliver lines with my fingers and write my stories !!!

Beautiful dear ! Just beautiful !

Makes me wanna stand in my balcony gaze the stars n take a kiss !
Cinderella said…
Ah !

I forgot to say, loved your template !

Completely goes with this blog.
:)
BirdBrain said…
ful;filling all expectations as you read across..and even re read..
A marvel yet again
:)

Popular Posts