Rhombus

I

Between you and me
There is this sea of space.
Even the warmth of your blood
is not on the floors where my feet are.
And in between there is a plastic
that burns quietly, without flames,
Obnoxious!

Between me and you, there is ash.

II


Three course of meal,
and in between, we make love.
Morning - I excite.
After lunch its you.
And before its night, we try.

On other days, we sleep,
Strangers and hungry.

III

Between you and me
We share ghazals.
In a serene night
With you around, talking of moon,
I play.

Life is so good between two songs.
We live the moments in pauses.

IV


You surprise me with
bright sunflowers at times,
The other day you come and embrace
when I am still sleeping.

Simple Sun enters my room,
finds an excuse and lies beside me.
You drop the curtains.

I smile in dreams.



- Thus, Tilting an usual square,
we make a story of our own,
in a rhombus.





SoUmY@

Comments

Cinderella said…
I love this.

The whole subtle sensuality of it, resonating under a trepidation that you know setting sail will invite an yearning that has never known cure.

"...we live moments in pauses..."

I say I live in the jagged lines of voluntary pauses that choose to bring me a "simple sun", seldom, yes, but sublime, when here.
Muse said…
So very tangible! What do I quote?
I love it!
(and those aren't empty words. I meant every word of what I'd said)
BirdBrain said…
soumya this is exceptional. remem dat ghazal spree u were on dat day.. wonderful work!
Usha Pisharody said…
Time and space, bound by the limits of your words!

To repeat myself, incessantly, I might add... there is a precision in the composition here too. Nothing that is natural can leave a pleasant aftertaste, and so too, the contemporary lifestyle! Try as we may, the balance is so hard to find, isn't it? The squares we are, to the circle we define, usually tilt, unbalanced with emotion and insensitivity!

Rhombus.

Hmmmm....

Nailed it.

Just that, Soumya! There is more... that is seeping thru' the senses, but I cant quite find words for those sensations yet!

Thank you. This is brilliant poetry!

Popular Posts