Nandigram...


That evening
I was taking classes
With my usual red badge
Pinned to my conscience.

Red badge,Red vision
Red hopes--
To which I am ever so
Committed !
Hole-heartedly!!

And I asked my fellow students
"Give me the antonyms please"
-"War"
--"Peace"

-"Love"
--"Hate"

-"Democracy"
--"Nandigram"

I rose up.

And this followed

-"heaven"
--"Nandigram"

I grew restless

-"Safe"
--"Nandigram! Sir"

My red blood boiled up.
I got red
In anger
In desperation.

I screamed,
"Silence ...Silence please"

A student rose up
"If only we could realise it
A bit earlier Sir"

I sat bewildered
As my blood oozed out
Blue in colour.

SoUmY@


------

[Sorry
had to come up with a strange one..In west bengal its a terrible
situation..We really can not sit back and watch the death of democracy
and I am quite ashamed to proclaim that.

I am not politicially biased..But even being apolitical I protest]

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

ad libber said…
Yes indeed, a very strange one, but profound.
Usha Pisharody said…
Another one that speaks of your conscience and how wonderfully you express its feelings...

How many more Nandigrams, one wonders before a nation wakes...!
Rukhiya said…
Here, Soumya, you arent being 'political', you are being conscientious and showing us the way, that torch you hold to wake us from a sleepy dark room we are in!

And I shall say, I really feel honoured to know you. :)

Popular Posts