Infidel

All the emotions
I could give words to ,
have somehow dried up with
my infidelity with pauses.
Now ,they come at once,
all too many and
I find myself at loss with
some rough sketches that were
never coloured to poetry.

Thoughts have
left me with some sheets of papyrus
which mock me with criss crosses
that are too blue and too frequent.

So I travel only in winters
To laugh at the naked trees ,
To wink at your rough exterior
And to redeem myself with
companionship of being deprived.

Still , quite unfairly
A cold wind blows
Through the windows
and nudges my notebook
as it strips itself up
from prologue to rest ,
That I had shown dreams to
of being limitless.
But now,
At the verge of perdition
it takes revenge of
of its countability,
baring all.

An epilogue awaits.
and now
So do I .

SoUmY@

Comments

Bharath said…
You've poured my thoughts out Soumya..
So very true..Not sure about the germinal thoughts..But I surely can link this with AP..:(
Though the attachment(a real deep one) always attracts us into it..There's always that hindrance too..


Beautifully put..Found it highly philosophical..

pardon me,if I have interpreted in a wrong way..just a passing thought..:)
Rukhiya said…
Breathtakingly beautiful!! And after a long time I am silenced..! Sshh..what is brilliance Soumya?
Sashu... said…
amazed at the way ur words silence us...in awe...

loved this one..de poignancy and subtlety shines thru..!

brilliant!!!!
Usha Pisharody said…
Thoughts have
left me with some sheets of papyrus
which mock me with criss crosses
that are too blue and too frequent.



You find rare expressions, in themes oft found, that make the theme itself appear new, and undiscovered yet!

May you never be at a loss for words, to colour your amazing poetry! Shall not say much more than just this:

this moved me beyond words!


Btw, loved the new look of the blog:) suits this poem too, perfectly! Quiet and Classic, the look!

Popular Posts