Insomniac

On moments such as those
Sleep used to be pregnantly
due for months ,
When you ,quite in haze with
your own assurances
Used to break the peace
With your belongings,your acquaintances
And your parties.

Pandemonium had a sweet social
escapade in 'gatherings' --
the way you termed it
leaving me lonely,miserably alone
On a bed that was comfortable for two
and misplaced for one,
night after night
And yet another followed.

So when we got separated ,
Finally in social eyes ,
I thought of the days
I couldn't sleep because of
The noise that distancelessly
Formed a bubble
In between us
And burst one day due to
my pinpricked tolerance.

Then ,like a happy story ends
With a spongy touch to heal
The pains I had suffered ,
I set my eyes closed
Only to realize
there was too much of silence
That night.

I cried to fill in the void
I sank myself in.

Either way,
An Insomniac.

SoUmY@

Comments

Rukhiya said…
And to fill the void,
An unpertubed siren,
Blows in my ear,
Of an acquired peace.

And those muscles of the eye,
Are painstakingly voluntary.

They have a name to it,
I hear,
Insomnia, it is.

Very hard hitting, lump in throat. :)
Unknown said…
And burst one day due to
my "pinpricked tolerance".

Liked it very much... maybe coz I am also like that!
Anonymous said…
I can identify with this write...left me choked.

Well written piece.

Popular Posts