A Promise

Tiptoeing through the
Darkness as the First glow
Reaches us,
I come out
In that shivering breeze
And a blue sky.

As I progress with
Naked feet, the dew drops
die of innocence
Comforting ,reminding me
Of the last night's
tenderness.

And I run like a child
Willingly leaving all my
Burdensome adulthood
To the horizon
Where you paint a bit of a yellow
As if alluring me into it.

Happily I reach afar
Till I fall short of breath.
Panting I return,
Promising myself like a teen
That I would walk some
Extra yards
Tomorrow,
So that one day
I reach where You
want me to.
Heaven on earth.

SoUmY@

Comments

Rukhiya said…
Such insights into the journey to realisation should be taught in schools. You are a wonderful being Soumya and this is how it manifests.
Usha Pisharody said…
Childlike, yet all knowing, and yet a simple wisdom in the poem!

Beautifully captured!

Popular Posts